Grounding, Inc. has delayed Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! from its previously planned end of 2019 release window to early spring 2020 “to further improve the quality,” the company announced (2).
Additionally, Grounding announced it will host a “Space Channel 5 VR x REALITY Gyungyun Live Stream: Space Channel 5 20th Anniversary Special” on December 16 at 21:00 JST via the REALITY app, which is available for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play in Japan. It will feature discussion, dance lectures, and Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! demo gameplay with presenters Ulala (Space Channel 5 protagonist) and VTubers Inside-chan Mark2, Otonoha Naho, Ginga Alice, and Nemui Fuwari.
The Galaxy’s Only Chance… Is Dance!
Sega‘s legendary rhythm game Space Channel 5 is coming back with virtual reality, More poses you strike, more viewer ratings you get, and the more heads you can turn as you dance til you drop and save the universe!
- Ulala – News reporter on Space Channel 5.
- Roo & Kie – Identical rookie twin reporters.
- Othermoro – Morolians? Aliens speaking!?
- Morolians – Aliens forcing people to dance?
- Jaguar – Head of Space Pirate Broadcasting Station. Legendary reporter—willing to do anything to pursue the truth.
- Kell – Former agent of Space Police working with Space Pirate Broadcasting Station. (Jaguars)
- Bello – Highly-educated and earned a degree from Space Science University working with Space Pirate Broadcasting Station. (Jaguars)
- Soon-soon – Former Space Car Racing champion driver working with Space Pirate Broadcasting Station. (Jaguars)
- Glitter – Mysterious existence eats all the Groove Moxie in the whole entire galaxy…
- And more!
Set in the 25th century, Space Channel 5’s top reporter Ulala is hosting a news report on mysterious dancing incident involving the aliens known as “Morolians” that forces people to dance. Fight against the invading aliens by dancing and receiving more views and helping Ulala win the ultimate dance battle.
- Immerse into the world of Space Channel 5 with VR! – The world of Space Channel 5 is yours.
- Move your body to the rhythm! – No keypad required. Hold the controllers and dance to the rhythm!
- Save the universe with a groove! – More poses you strike, more viewer ratings you get! When an enemy’s beam is coming, let’s dodge with a pose! Beat them with your groove!
Watch a teaser trailer for the live stream below.