Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios have released a new update for Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One that adds a beta form of “Krossplay” between the two versions.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an issue causing several Krushing Blows to do slightly increased damage.
- Added an Newsletter Subscription option which rewards players with a Raiden Announcer Voice for signing up.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Nightwolf, Sindel, and Terminator Augments to not work as intended.
Kombat League / Online
- Reduced the Kombat League Point Cap that a player can lose in a match to 50.
Towers of Time
- Fixed an issue with certain attacks killing the opponent at the same time a modifier activates during an Endurance Match causing a long delay before the next opponent appears.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the camera to get out of bounds when a Fatal Blow or Krushing Blow occurs while the Ice Totem is active.
Character Specific Adjustments
- Baraka – Blood Lunge’s Krushing Blow works correctly again in all situations.
What is Krossplay in Mortal Kombat 11?
We are testing out a feature in Mortal Kombat 11 that will put PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players into the same matchmaking pool for Online Kasual game modes. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will also have the option of manually joining the same designated Krossplay Online Rooms to play against each other.
When will the Krossplay feature be available for Mortal Kombat 11?
How does Krossplay work in Mortal Kombat 11?
If a player has the Krossplay feature toggle on, they can play against others on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One in two ways:
- Whenever players matchmake in Online Kasual modes, the game will now look for the best match across prospective PlayStation 4 and Xbox players.
- Designated Krossplay Online Rooms will provide a central location for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players to manually meet up and fight against other players on opposite platforms in Online Kasual game modes. Please note, friends on opposite platforms will need coordinate outside of the game ecosystem, then meet up in a specific Krossplay Online Room to play against each other.
What platforms support Krossplay for Mortal Kombat 11?
Krossplay is currently supported for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Does this mean I can access my progress, unlocks and content purchases on a different platform than I started playing on?
Progress on your Mortal Kombat 11 profile is exclusive to the platform and account that you initially played the game on. Players cannot transfer Mortal Kombat 11 progress, unlocks or purchases between platforms.
How do I start using Krossplay in Mortal Kombat 11?
Players can enable Krossplay by visiting the Online menu in-game and highlighting Kasual modes. At the top-right of the screen, there will be an option to toggle Krossplay on or off.
Which Online Kasual modes in Mortal Kombat 11 support Krossplay?
Once Krossplay has been enabled, players can use the feature in the Kasual Versus game mode. Players can also fight against other PlayStation 4 or Xbox One players in designated Krossplay Online Rooms after enabling Krossplay for Rooms. Within Krossplay Online Rooms, players can use the feature in the Kasual Versus game mode.
How do I use Krossplay to fight against other players?
You can use the specific Krossplay Online Room feature to fight against another player on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you have both enabled Krossplay for Online Kasual matches, you will be able to enter specific Online Rooms marked as Krossplay Rooms and can challenge players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
How do I identify which platform someone is playing on from the Leaderboard or in Versus?
If you are playing against an opponent on a different platform in Online Kasual matchmaking, Online Rooms or on the Kasual Leaderboards, this will be indicated by a Krossplay icon (two crossed arrows) on their Kombat Kard, while players on the same platform as you will have an icon for that specific platform.
Will Krossplay allow PlayStation 4 or Xbox One players to fight against PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia players?
No, the Krossplay feature in Mortal Kombat 11 will not support PC, Nintendo Switch, or Stadia at this time.
If I encounter a Krossplay player who is cheating or using speech that violates the terms of service, how do I report them?
You can view your Kombat Kard from the main menu and go to [Kareer Stats > Krossplay Players Met] to see a history of the players you’ve competed against. If you have reason to believe that an opponent violated the terms of service you, can report them by highlighting their name and pressing the Report Player button. When you report a player, you can select a report reason and enter text about why you are reporting the player. Please note, while all reports are reviewed and investigated, we will not be able to discuss disciplinary actions taken against other player profiles.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Steam, and Stadia.