The comedic adventure game from Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland first launched both for PlayStation 4 on May 31 and PC on June 4. The PlayStation 4 version is available both physically and digitally. Both versions will receive a 30 percent discount at select retailers for Black Friday.
The Switch and Xbox One versions come packaged with the recently released free downloadable content “Important Cosmic Jobs,” in which players can “explore Trover’s workplace to help co-workers, prevent grievous harm, and unlock original comedy sketches from Justin Roiland.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
From the co-creator of Rick and Morty comes Trover Saves the Universe.
Your dogs have been dognapped by a beaked lunatic named Glorkon who stuffed them into his eye holes and is using their life essence to destroy the universe. You’re partnered with Trover, a little purple eye-hole monster who isn’t a huge fan of working or being put in the position of having to save the universe. He’s also not that big a fan of you quite frankly, and neither am I. (Jk, you’re great.)
Only you and Trover can save everything in this bizarre comedy adventure, created by Justin Roiland!
- A comedy adventure filled with combat, platforming, puzzles, and morally questionable choices. See how the best intentions can go horribly awry.
- You control Trover’s movements, but not his mouth. He’s got a lot to say about what’s going on in the game.
- Travel the cosmos to experience a variety of weird alien planets and bizarre characters with big personalities.
- Upgrade Trover AND YOURSELF with new abilities to (hopefully) defeat Glorkon while evading awkward situations.
- You’ll be immersed in weirdness, no matter which display you use — play on TV, monitor or VR headset displays.
- Bonus! Includes Free DLC:
- Jopo Mode: A new way to play!
- Important Cosmic Jobs: Explore Trover’s workplace to help co-workers, prevent grievous harm, and unlock original comedy sketches from Justin Roiland.
Watch a new trailer below.