The version 6.0.0 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and “Challenger Pack 4” add-on, which includes Terry Bogard from the Fatal Fury series as a playable character and can be purchased either individually for $5.99 or with the “Fighters Pass” for $24.99, will launch later today, Nintendo announced.
Here are the latest details, via Nintendo:
In a new video, Masahiro Sakurai, the director of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, showcased Terry Bogard in action and unveiled the King of Fighters Stadium stage and 50 music tracks from an assortment of SNK titles, all coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate today. All of this new content will be available to players who own the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass or purchase Challenger Pack 4 separately.
“As Super Smash Bros. Ultimate continues to grow its roster of fighters, stages and music through downloadable content, we hope players will enjoy meeting both new friends and familiar faces that bring the game to life in unexpected ways.”
Terry Bogard’s addition to the roster will inject even more variety into the epic collection of heated battles in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Terry has appeared in more than 80 games spanning the past three decades, first taking the world by storm in 1991 when he pummeled his opponents in the legendary SNK arcade game, Fatal Fury: King of Fighters. With his trademark ball cap and confident smile, Terry has since grown into a mainstay in the fighting game community and a mascot for SNK. Players interested in exploring more of Terry Bogard’s history can also play several classic fighting games that feature him in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, including ACA NEOGEO Fatal Fury, ACA NEOGEO Fatal Fury Special, ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters ’95, ACA NEOGEO Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters ’98, and ACA NEOGEO Garou: Mark of the Wolves.
In a fitting tribute to his NEO GEO roots, Terry Bogard’s move set bridges the classical arcade fighting gameplay of the Fatal Fury series with the signature play style of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This unique lineage means Terry plays unlike any other fighter on the roster, giving players new opportunities for creative expression through his unmistakable fighting flair. Terry’s introduction to the roster also means the addition of the new King of Fighters Stadium stage and 50 music tracks from an assortment of SNK titles. Finally, a free update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that includes improvements to the Battle Arena, as well as other features, will also be available today.
By purchasing the Fighters Pass, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players will get access to five Challenger Packs. Each pack includes a new playable fighter, a new stage and music tracks. Joker, Hero and Banjo & Kazooie are all available now, with Terry Bogard joining today. One additional fighter, who has yet to be revealed, is also included in the Fighters Pass, and will be available for download at a later date.
And here are the version 6.0.0 patch notes:
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Kim Kaphwan
- Geese Howard
- Ryo Sakazaki
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Iori Yagami
- Athena Asamiya
- Ralf & Clark
- The Tockles spirit will appear on the DRAGON QUEST Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu.
Note: To play on a Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu, you must purchase the appropriate downloadable content.
- The following features have been added to Battle Arena mode:
- The arena type “Elite Only” has been added.
- Arenas that a friend has created can now be found by going to Join Arena → Friends’ Arenas, regardless of visibility.
- The host player can now change some rules without having to shut down the arena.
- The option “Random Battlefield and Ω Form” has been added to the stage settings.
- You can now send set messages to each other inside an arena.
- Added support for the upcoming Simon and Incineroar amiibo figures.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Terry + King of Fighters Stadium
- Ryo Sakazaki Wig + Outfit
- Nakoruru Wig + Outfit
- Iori Yagami Wig + Outfit
- Akira Wig + Outfit
- Jacy Wig + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Fixes and changes to fighters have been made.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available now for Switch.
Watch a set of videos below.