Family Tennis SP, which first launched for Wii U in March 2014, is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on November 28 in North America and Japan, and December 16 in Europe for $6.99 / €6.99 / 800 yen, developer Arc System Works announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Eight unique characters going wild on the tennis court! Each one of them has their own special move and abilities, so look for the one who suits your playstyle the most!
- Tournament – Choose your character and challenge the rest of the family to singles or doubles matches. There are three difficulties to choose from. Every tournament consists of four matches. There is no deuce in these modes.
- Free Play – Challenge other characters to a match of singles or doubles. You can freely choose the number of sets and games and the court.
- Mini Games – Feel free to enjoy tennis with slightly different rules in these fun mini-games.
- Roulette Rally (one-to-two players) – The entire court is covered in colored panels. Hit the panels to increase the score for the rally. Win the rally to get the score. The first player with 1000 or more points wins the match.
- Human Backboard (one-to-two players) – Every shot increases the score for the rally. Win the rally to get the score. The first character to reach 100 points wins the match. No matter how far behind you are you may still turn it around!
- Survivor – Test your limits and see how many characters you can defeat before losing a set. This mini-game can only be played in single player mode.
- Gallery – You can have a look at the artworks of the playable characters. If you accidentally erase your data, clearing the Tournament mode in Pro difficulty will unlock the gallery images.
Watch the announcement trailer below.