First Press Games will released a limited run physical edition of competitive split-screen shoot ’em up Rival Megagun for PlayStation 4 and Switch in January 2020, publisher Degica Games and developer Spacewave Software announced.
Rival Megagun is currently available digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam. Here is an overview of the game, via Degica Games:
Rival Megagun is a competitive split-screen vertical shmup (or shoot ’em up, shooting game, STG) where you transform into a gigantic boss ship—your “Mega Gunship”—to invade your opponent’s screen.
- Classic shmup action with a competitive twist.
- Multiple playable heroes, each with their own special weapons and Mega Gunship boss form.
- Intense two-player “couch-competitive” local versus battles.
- Online battles – challenge your friends or find opponents via matchmaking.
- Unlockable gear and weapons for customizing your ship.
- A single-player arcade mode.