Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are the cover titles for the November 2019 issue of Game Informer, the publication announced.
Game Informer visited developer Game Freak’s headquarters in Tokyo to speak with the game’s director, producer, planning director, and art director, including topics such as the decision to base the Galar region on the United Kingdom, the new Dynamax mechanic, the long wait for a mainline Pokemon game on console, and why some Pokemon are being left out of the Galar region Pokedex.
The publication has also posted a series of online news pieces as part of its month-long of exclusive coverage:
- Sword and Shield‘s Max Raid Battles Could Be Among Pokemon‘s Most Challenging Encounters
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Introduce Autosave to the Series
- Pokemon Cut from Sword and Shield‘s National Pokedex Will Return in the Future
- HMs Are Not in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Exp. Share is Baked into Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Have Mechanics to Let You Use Your Favorite Pokemon Competitively
Click through the links for more information.
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are due out for Switch on November 15.