Futuristic top-down shooter Uragun will launch for PC via Steam Early Access in early 2020, followed by a full release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in mid-2020, developer Kool2Play announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Uragun is a top-down shooter, which puts you in an all-powerful mech unit challenged with annihilating swarms of smart AI bots flooding the streets of New York, London, Berlin, Moscow, Beijing, and Warsaw.
For many years people were spending a lot of resources on developing better and more advanced form of AI. As it turned out, in the same time the humankind wasn’t paying enough attention to drastic transformations of the environment. This all changed when a huge climatic disaster caused sea levels to rise at unprecedented scale. People were forced to move away from the shoreline and settle further inland. In a final act of desperation, humanity used AI to help with this migration process. Everything seemed to be going well, but giving AI more and more computing power and more intelligence to solve the logistical nightmare of this exodus have triggered the Singularity. AI has developed consciousness and started to prevent people from creating further environmental catastrophes by killing the whole human species. You, as a man behind the console of a powerful mech, need to prevent AI from further evolution and retake the Earth.
Unleash your rage against the machines in the name of humankind. You are a weapon of mass destruction, but remember – your chances are limited.
- Outsmart the biggest and the most tricky swarms of AI bots ever seen
- Take on many different “species” of AI bots based on humans and animals alike with their own unique capabilities and patterns of behaviour.
- Futuristic locations based on real cities areas (New York, Beijing, Moscow, Berlin, Paris, London, Warsaw)
- A gameplay based on action, adrenaline and the development of your own strategy of fighting with AI
- At least 10 hours of gameplay filled with many missions in different locations which challenge you to deploy many different strategies to progress further.
- Maximum carnage – your mech is an engine of destruction, so make use of different weapons and power ups, bathe the screen in fire, stomp your enemies, generate massive shockwaves and leave your enemies in pieces.
Start the war with your Uragun-001 soon.
Watch a new trailer below. Visit the official website here.