Star Ocean: First Departure R will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 5 in Japan for 3,200 yen, Square Enix announced.
A PlayStation 4-exclusive Digital Deluxe Edition including the “Star Ocean Live Collection 2019″ digital soundtrack will also be available for 5,000 yen.
PlayStation Store pre-orders (standard, Digital Deluxe) include a PlayStation 4 dynamic theme feature pixelated character menu icons, a background with characters illustrated by Katsumi Enami, and background music from the game.
Here is an overview of the game’s new features:
- High-Definition Visuals – Up-converted from SD to HD resolution, the quality of the game’s graphics and movies has been enhanced.
- New Illustrations Based on the Super Famicom Version’s Designs + Character Illustration Switch Feature – Katsumi Enami, who handled the character illustrations for Star Ocean: The Last Hope, has created new character illustrations based on the Super Famicom version’s designs. You can switch between the First Departure and First Departure R illustrations as you like during the game.
- Full Voice-Overs from the First Departure Voice Cast + Voice Switch Feature – Since the Super Famicom version had no voice-overs outside of battle, the voice-overs have been newly recorded by both the Super Famicom version cast and the First Departure cast. You can switch between the First Departure and First Departure R voice casts as you like during the game. The voice cast includes:
- Roddick Farrence
- First Departure Version: Mamoru Miyano
- First Departure R Version: Hiro Yuuki
- Millie Chliette
- First Departure Version: Hitomi Nabatame
- First Departure R Version: Konami Yoshida
- Dorne Murtough
- First Departure Version: Kentaro Ito
- First Departure R Version: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Ronyx J. Kenny
- First Departure Version: Kenji Hamada
- First Departure R Version: Akira Okamori
- Ilia Silvestri
- First Departure Version: Sanae Kobayashi
- First Departure R Version: Wakana Yamazaki
- Field Movement Game Speed Boost Feature – Added a feature to increase the game speed by two times when moving on the field.
- Game Balance Adjustments – Adjusted battle difficulty.