A 13,800 yen “DX Jet Pack” limited edition will also be available, which includes the following:
- Hanaharu Naruko-designed special box
- Game original anime Blu-ray disc “Tokyo Girls Promotion Starts Here” (approximately 21 minutes)
- Two-disc soundtrack CD including the theme song (54 tracks, approximately 119 minutes)
- Special art book (over 60 pages)
- Limited edition box art
- Additional character downloadable content: “Yumi and Asuka Enter the Race from Senran Kagura“
Rakuten purchases of either edition will include a download code for the “Sailor Bikini (Strawberry Red)” character costume.
Here is an overview of the game, via Rakuten:
Get to the Finish Line First.
From the developers that brought you Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive comes a new “action racing” game for PlayStation 4!
This is a coming-of-age drama of a unique cast of girls, designed by Hanaharu Naruko, meet through jet racing and race against each other while strengthening their bonds with one another.
Anyone can easily enjoy strategic action jet race battles with two girls per team. Utilize various weapons and your very own jetmachine in a fictional, near-future Tokyo setting where exciting and intense jet races unfold.
View the first screenshots of the Kandagawa Jet Girls game at the gallery.
- Story Mode – Experience a story focused on protagonist Rin Namiki. This is an original story different from the TV anime, where each rival girl plays a lead role.
- Free Mode – A free play mode where you can free race against CPU characters, take on time attack challenges, and more. Time attack mode also supports online leaderboards.
- Online Mode – Up to four players can race against each other in online battles. Enjoy casual matches with friends, or play in ranked matches to place in the leaderboards.
Race through Kandagawa (river) while utilizing the following two action modes:
- Jetter Mode – Race through the course while making use of boosts and drifts.
- Shooter Mode – Pick up and utilize powerful weapon items.
There are eight basic courses. The course content changes depending on the difficulty and time of day, allowing you to enjoy fully-loaded courses with various mechanics. There are many original courses different from those that appear in the anime. Courses include:
- Akihabara Electric Water Street
- Kandagawa Downstream Asakusabashi
- Locker Room – There are more than 60 costumes to freely customize the girls to your content. Additionally, you can change their hair style, hair color, skin tone, and even add and freely adjust the positions of accessories.
- Jetmachine Customization – There are over 50 machine parts to freely customize the performance of your jetmachine. Additionally, you can customize the jetmachine’s wrapping, decal, and effects while in motion.
More screenshots have also been added to the gallery.