“Full Break third-person shooter” Magusphere of the Magical Girl is coming to PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam in 2020 in Japan, publisher Mediascape and developer OHBADO announced.
The “magical girl x destruction”-themed game puts players in the role of of a magical girl who wields a magical gun and, contrary to her cute appearance, boasts high fire power that can destroy both enemies and the entire town.
Here is a list of key features, via Mediascape:
- A Rugged Character with Magical Girl Anime Style – The player character has both the cuteness of a magical girl and the ruggedness of weaponry. The character designer is Nanaroku, who is known for their armed girl illustrations.
- Voice-Overs by an Esteemed Cast
- Full Break System – Every building you see can be destroyed. There is also a strategic element in attacking enemies with the shock waves caused by the destruction. Whether you tactically destroy things or push forward breaking everything in sight is up to you.
- M.i.e. System – Through skillful play, you can activate a set, kabuki-like pose vital in anime special effect expression, which bestows a support effect upon the player. Skilled players will be able to play even more skillfully, further enhancing the feeling of immersion.
- Fight with Real Weapons – The enemy gremlins also use real weapons. From the famous Tiger I heavy tank, to missiles, helicopters, and even the biggest cannon in human history. There is a certain despair that weapons, well known to modern humans will be used against you, but also the joy when you’re able to counter these threats.
Magusphere of the Magical Girl will be playable on PC at the Mediascape booth at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which runs from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan. Visit Mediascape’s Tokyo Game Show 2019 official website here.
Watch the latest video, released in November 2018, below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.