The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, including tidbits on five new characters and a couple of side activities.
Here are the details:
- Maxim (voiced by Toshiki Kuso) – Operates alongside a partner owl named Arthur. He does business in the black market. He is fairly strong. He is actually quite the important person.
- Saradhi (voiced by Kazusa Aranami) – A beautiful, brown-skinned doctor with excellent proportions. She is searching for something while treating citizens free of charge. She looks more like a thief than a doctor
- Silhouette (voiced by Natsuko Hara) – A maid who wears a mask that can make certain things invisible. She is common-sensible and graceful, and has a cute way of talking. She holds one of the keys to the game’s story.
- Xavier (voiced by Kyouka Moriya) – A Roo with a sharp tongue. He helps out Adol in a condescending manner.
- Tate (voiced by Yoshifumi Ono) – A young boy learning how to run the house. He has a little sister. His father had a special hammer for making weapons with the power to repel demons
- Side Activities – Side activities include collecting blue flower petals and locating graffiti. Finding a certain amount will reward you with items or enhance your abilities.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 26 in Japan. It will also exhibit Tokyo Game Show 2019, which runs from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.