Publisher and developer Yacht Club Games and developer Nitrome have announced Shovel Knight Dig, a brand new entry in the Shovel Knight series.
Platforms are “to be determined,” according to the official press kit, but a PlayStation Blog post confirms a PlayStation 4 version, and it will be playable on Switch at PAX West 2019 from August 30 to September 2 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle.
Here is an overview of the game, via Yacht Club Games:
When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight’s peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunnelling after them! Meet new friends and foes, visit strange lands, and outfit yourself in your quest to keep the entire land from collapsing underfoot! Jump, slash, and dig your way down an ever-changing chasm of mystery in Shovel Knight Dig, an all-new Shovel Knight adventure!
- An all-new presentation featuring a new Shovel Knight story! When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight’s peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunneling after them!
- The first Shovel Knight adventure in glorious high color pixel graphics and sound. Fluid animation, scaling, rotation, and parallax create the most convincing Shovel Knight world yet!
- Every adventure is different! Shovel Knight Dig levels have been meticulously crafted, then stitched together using proprietary generation techniques for infinite replayability.
- Jump, slash, and dig your way in an all-new direction–down! Rely on your trusty Shovel Drop, then dig through huge swaths of dirt with all-new Speed Shovel mechanics.
- Grow in power and wealth as you descend into the depths of the earth. Emerge with untold riches to outfit Shovel Knight further, unlocking permanent items and upgrades to your Shoveling equipment.
- New Knights, new characters, and new enemies abound, but fear not! Shovel Knight Dig features Shovel Knight’s signature storytelling, humor, and maybe even some familiar faces…
- Another pulse-pounding soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
- The first collaboration between Yacht Club Games and Nitrome, pixel masters!