The PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions of shoot ’em up collection Vasara Collection will launch via the PlayStation Store on August 13, developer QUByte Interactive announced.
The game was previously dated for release on August 13 for PC, August 14 for Xbox One, and August 15 for Switch.
Here is an overview of the collection, via QUByte Interactive:
For the very first time, highly acclaimed Japanese arcade shoot ’em ups—Vasara (2000) and Vasara 2 (2001)—are made available to the whole world via this package: Vasara Collection.
Science-fiction meets history in these arcade classics which take place in an alternate timeline Feudal Japan where technologically advanced weaponry and equipment are a reality, and heroes use flying motorcycles with amazing firepower and fierce melee weapons to destroy their enemies.
The late ruler of Japan, Hideyoshi Hashiba, has just died and Ieyasu Tokugawa is planning on taking over. The protagonists must battle their way through a series of warlords sent by Tokugawa in order to keep him from succeeding.
Fight against warships, battle tanks, giant robots, evil soldiers and rogue samurai to prevent 1600s Japan from being taken over by tyrannical forces.
The highly skill-based gameplay keeps you at the edge of your seat at all times. Try and stay alive on this frantic game where everyone, and everything, is out to kill you!
- PlayStation TV / Vita TV support (includes two-player co-op).
- Tate Mode / Vertical Mode support.
- Nine playable characters inspired by real Japanese historical figures.
- Sci-Fi meets Feudal Japan in this retelling of historical battles.
- Fight robots and samurai using traditional shooting and powerful melee attacks.
- Heavily skill-based gameplay for experts.
- Easy Mode for starters.
- Branching paths and multiple endings according to your characters and in-game actions.
Watch a trailer below.