Following a Steam Early Access launch in January, Pixel Game Maker MV will exit Early Access and launch as version 1.0 in Q4 2019, publisher Playism and developer Kadokawa Corporation announced.
Version 1.0 will include an array of user interface improvements, Steam Workshop support, a free demo version, and more updates addressing issues raised by Early Access users.
The Early Acccess version of Pixel Game Maker MV is currently available for $84.99 / €71.99. When version 1.0 launches, the price will change to $99.99 / €84.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Pixel Game Maker MV—the latest entry in the Maker series—allows you to create action games with ease, where the only limit is your imagination.
Pixel Game Maker MV allows you to build up your own action game with no programming knowledge necessary. This engine was designed with the idea of giving a voice to people’s passions, allowing them to freely express the game that they have held in their hearts. Create the game that you want to play now!
Using only six tools, you can create the game of your dreams!
- Resources – Prepare and arrange image assets required for your game
- Tiles – Create “tiles” necessary for map field creation
- Objects – Provide characters and items with various gimmicks
- Animation – Enliven and enrich your graphics
- Scenes – Build stages using tiles and objects
- Transition – Connect scenes to bring your games into shape
- An Easy to Use Visual Scripting System – No Programming Necessary – Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned developer, Pixel Game Maker MV offers a flexible game creation system, allowing you to plan, create and build an exciting game using the intuitive visual scripting system.
- Four-Player Support Straight Out of the Box – You can build your own multiplayer games with Pixel Game Maker MV without any additional programming or plugins needed. Create cooperative or competitive local play between up to four players.
- Create Endless Fun with “Multi-Viewpoint / Multi-Versus” – Allows for both top- and side-based views, combine this with the multiplayer function to bring your game to a whole new level. Works with any genre, so the games you can create are limited only by your imagination!
- A Simple Way to Create Rich and Beautiful Game Graphics – Using the graphic import feature, physics engine, particle effects, and multiple layer combination, you can create your own ideal game in exactly the way you want to make it, easily and without all the hassle.
Watch a set of trailers below.