Publisher Square Enix and developer Tokyo RPG Factory have released the launch trailer for Oninaki ahead of its worldwide launch later this week.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
Reincarnation is the foundation of our way of life. We celebrate the lives we’ve been given, and offer up prayers for the next.
It is grief of death which shackles the living, and causes the dead to stray. Indeed, there is no greater affront to reincarnation.
So do we turn our grief to joy as we send off the dead.
But the souls of those who held back their tears in life still need salvation in death. A duty that falls to the Watchers.
Their task is to guide the wandering souls known as the Lost, and serve as keepers of the Living World and the Beyond.
The Watchers sever the bonds that tie the Lost to this world, and send them on to the next. They navigate the emotions of the living and the dead. They prize life above all else.
This is the story of one Watcher.
- Action RPG – Experience fast-paced, free-flowing gameplay with real time battles. Battle enemies taking advantage of the Daemons Battle System making use of a variety of exciting weapons.
- Character Customization – Bind your hero, Kagachi with different Daemons to enhance his skills and abilities whilst in battle.
- Daemon Battle System – Strategize in battle by choosing a Daemon that matches the enemy’s traits. Watch as Kagachi possess the Daemon power, entering a variety of states to increase attack levels.
- Bold Graphics – Enjoy vivid graphics carefully drawn to convey the drastic contrast between the ‘Living World’ and the ‘Beyond’.
- Events – Oninaki‘s powerful story is brought to life further through emotional cut scenes, events and intimate conversations.
Oninaki is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC worldwide on August 22. A demo is available now.
Watch the trailer below.