Luigi’s Mansion 3 Gamescom 2019 presentationCo-op antics and a new floor of the hotel.
Nintendo has released a new, 30-minute presentation of Luigi’s Mansion 3 from Gamescom 2019.
The presentation highlights cooperative gameplay, as well as a sneak peek at a brand new floor of the haunted hotel in which the game is set.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Luigi’s dream vacation turns into a ghostly—and gooey— nightmare!
Luigi embarks on a dream vacation with Mario and friends upon receiving an invitation to a luxurious hotel. However, his dream quickly becomes a nightmare when King Boo reveals everything had been a ploy to capture Mario and friends. With the assistance of Professor E. Gadd once again, the reluctant and cowardly hero Luigi traverses up and down treacherous floors of the now-ominous hotel on a quest to save them.
Wield the upgraded Poltergust G-00 to slam and blow away the ghosts’ defenses, or summon Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger that can help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone. Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each. For more frenetic multiplayer action, race the timer to clear various objectives on a series of floors in ScareScraper mode. ScareScraper mode can be played online* or locally with up to eight players on four Nintendo Switch systems (additional games required; sold separately).
- He may still be cowardly, but Luigi has more tools and abilities at his disposal than ever before. Master Luigi’s new powerful moves of Slam, Suction Shot, and Burst.
- Team up with Professor E. Gadd’s latest invention, Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger able to slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and otherwise help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone.
- Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each at the same time.
- Explore the Last Resort, ascending through its differently themed floors full of quirky contraptions and haunting enemies.
- Race the timer with up to 8 players** to clear objectives on a series of floors in the ScareScraper.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 is due out for Switch on October 31.
Watch the presentation below.