Astroneer, which launched digitally for Xbox One and PC in February, is coming to PlayStation 4 on November 15 alongside a physical edition for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Gearbox Publishing and developer System Era Softworks announced.
The PlayStation 4 includes an exclusive suit and visor. It will feature all content available for the PC and Xbox One versions, including the “Explorer” update due out on September 4. The Explorer update includes the jetpack, the jump-jet, new items, and a player camera.
Here is an overview of the game, via Gearbox Publishing:
Explore and reshape distant worlds! Astroneer is set during the 25th century Intergalactic Age of Discovery, where Astroneers explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives in harsh environments to unearth rare discoveries and unlock the mysteries of the universe.
On this adventure, players can work together to build custom bases above or below ground, create vehicles to explore a vast solar system, and use terrain to create anything they can imagine. A player’s creativity and ingenuity are the key to seeking out and thriving while on exciting planetary adventures!
- Reshape the ground under your feet as though it were made of clay.
- Survive on and explore carefully crafted planets that can be entirely deformed and traversed.
- Snap together components and objects to build bases and vehicles.
- Play with friends in four-player online drop-in / drop-out co-op.
- Discover and uncover the mysteries of the solar system.
Watch the PlayStation 4 version announcement trailer below.