The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has new information on Ubusuna, the August 2014-announced shoot ’em up for PlayStation 4 from Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga creator Hiroshi Iuchi and developed by M2.
Here are the details:
- It has Ikaruga-like attributes, but is different in that vectors are 180 degrees.
- While the game currently runs normally, the graphics are incomplete.
- The concept of the title is to “show the nature of the creator.”
- Development will still take a bit of time.
- “Ubusana is finally getting released during the end of the hardware’s lifecycle lol” – A haiku by Hiroshi Iuchi. (A haiku in Japanese, at least.)
Back in November 2018, M2 president Naoki Horii is said, “While [Ubusuna] is in a rough state, it is nearly playable, and we are currently creating assets as best as we can.”
In related news, the April 2017-announced game Feveron School is still in development. It is produced by Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! producer Yoshiyasu Matsushita.