Publisher PLAYISM and developers Vaka Game Magazine and tea_basira have announced Gensokyo Night Festival, a 2D action exploration / Metroidvania-style game set in the Touhou Project world of Gensokyo. It will launch for PC via Steam Early Access this summer.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Use Suika’s powers of controlling “density” and “sparseness” to go up against all sorts of colorful enemies and gimmicks in this Metroidvania-style title.
Join the almighty Suika on her journey through the beautiful world of Gensokyo.
- Combo, shooting, and counter-attack action!
- Two types of charge attack! Featuring density charges and sparseness charges, unleashing an attack while charging adds the respective properties of “density” and “sparseness” to the attack.
- Power-based action:
- Warp Shots – Suika uses her powers of “density” to move at supersonic speeds. She can fire a shot that will allow her to warp to where the shot lands. Move about the wide-open landscape with ease.
- Controlling Density
The Awesome Characters in Part 1
- Suika Ibuki – An oni with the power to control “density” and “sparseness.”
- Rumia – A youkai with the power to control “darkness.”
Watch the announcement trailer below.