White Owls, Inc. has delayed The Good Life from its previously planned Q4 2019 release window to spring 2020.
“In the campaign, we stated that The Good Life would be released in Q4 2019 and received support from you all,” White Owls, Inc. founder Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro said in a Kickstarter backer update. “After a long deliberation, we have decided to change the schedule and extend the development period in order to deliver The Good Life to all our backers in the best condition possible.”
Suehiro continued, “It’s a very important, heavy decision, but we made it believing that it’s the happiest decision for all the people who are going to eventually play it. Therefore, we humbly ask that you wait a little bit longer for The Good Life to reach your hands.”
White Owls, Inc. also shared new footage showing the current state of the game versus the state of the game during the Kickstarter campaign. According to Suehiro, “the team has been working hard on deciding the details about what sort of game The Good Life is supposed to be,” including enhancing the graphics and increasing the map size. Other improvements include:
- More background details
- More shops are accessible
- Photography is its own little mini-game now, with a tag system
- You can discover things with the Cat’s Eye, and move comfortably and easily just like a cat
- Various parameters added for Naomi such as hunger/sleepiness/beauty care
- Item gathering / crafting
- You can take food with you and eat it where you like
- You can memorize scents as a dog and visualize them to find things
- You can fight wild animals as a dog
- Lots of new items
The Good Life will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Watch the comparison videos below.