Action adventure platformer The Forbidden Arts will launch for Xbox One, Switch, and PC on August 7 for $14.99, followed by PlayStation 4 in Q4 2019, developer Stingbot Games announced. The Switch version can be pre-ordered at 15 percent off the regular price. It will support English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Hungarian, Russian, Japanese, and Italian language options.
The game is currently available for PC via Steam Early Access for $12.99, where it first launched in February 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The Forbidden Arts is an action adventure platformer with a focus on discovery and exploration. When the hero of the game, Phoenix, seeks the counsel of a druid to make sense of his visions, she awakens the latent pyromancy within him. This begins an epic journey from Phoenix’s humble beginnings as he seeks to master the element of fire.
- Five worlds with multiple levels, six boss fights, 30-plus different enemies, 12-plus hours of gameplay, and high-quality hand-painted art style.
- Channel your pyromancer flame to cast devastating spells upon enemies and bosses, protect yourself from harm and manipulate the environment.
- Explore massive worlds with the ability to save your progress nearly anywhere and any time. You will alternate between 2D gameplay while in dungeons and 3D gameplay while exploring the Overworld.
- Test your agility as you scale walls, jump gaps, climb vines and maneuver through several distinct environments filled with obstacles and challenges.
- Progress through a captivating storyline following a young man who seeks the truth about himself and finds a grand adventure of ancient magic.
- Embark on quests from friendly NPCs and solve puzzles you encounter along the way.
- Discover long-forgotten secret items and locations to unlock abilities and earn achievements.
Watch a new trailer below.