Wasteland 3 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in spring 2020, inXile Entertainment announced at the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014’s Wasteland 2 and 2015’s Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Wasteland 3 is currently in development with a target release in spring 2020.
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including a player vehicle, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2‘s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Watch the E3 2019 trailer below.