Cygames will attend Anime Expo 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from July 4 to 7, the company announced. The company will exhibit a playable demo of Granblue Fantasy: Versus, as well as host a panel featuring Granblue Fantasy producer Yuito Kimura and director Tetsuya Fukuhara.
Get the details below.
Cygames Coming to Anime Expo 2019!
Check out the playable demo for Granblue Fantasy: Versus and an exclusive panel event! Japanese game developer Cygames, Inc. will officially be participating in North America’s largest anime convention, Anime Expo, to be held in Los Angeles from July 4 to July 7. Attendees will be able to play a demo of the highly-anticipated fighting game, Granblue Fantasy: Versus, as well as take photos with cosplayers and purchase exclusive merchandise. Die-hard fans especially won’t want to miss the Granblue Fantasy panel on July 6, held by both the producer and creative director of the game!
About Anime Expo
Anime Expo is the largest anime convention in North America and organized by the non-profit Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA), with a substantial number of anime fans and media in attendance every year.
- Event: Anime Expo 2019
- Dates: July 4-7, 2019
- Location: North America (Los Angeles, CA)
- Venue: Los Angeles Convention Center
- Website: http://www.anime-expo.org/
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus Playable Demo – Previously only playable during the closed beta, a Granblue Fantasy: Versus demo will be playable at Anime Expo. This highly-anticipated fighting game can be enjoyed by both fighting game players and fans of the original mobile game.
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus Photo Spot – Fans of the ever-popular Lowain brothers from Granblue Fantasy can get their photographs taken with
cosplayers of Lowain, Elsam, and Tomoi themselves at the photo spot.
- Official Cygames Store – The CyStore will be running a booth at Anime Expo as a part of the CyStore USA Pop-Up Tour. Original Cygames goods and merchandise from Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, Dragalia Lost, Princess Connect! Re: Dive, and Umamusume: Pretty Derby will be available for purchase.
- Title: Dive into the World of Granblue Fantasy!
- Time and Date: July 6, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Location: Live Programming 5 / 404AB
Granblue Fantasy producer Yuito Kimura and director Tetsuya Fukuhara will both be in attendance, holding a panel together as industry guests. This panel will mark their first time officially communicating with Granblue Fantasy fans in North America.
About Yuito Kimura
Yuito Kimura is the executive director of Cygames. Yuito is the producer of Granblue Fantasy and is one of the founding members of the company. Along with producing the digital card game Shadowverse and the anime RPG Princess Connect! Re: Dive, he is also the producer of titles in development. Shadowverse is one of the leading esports titles in Japan and in December 2018 an international championship took place with a grand prize of one million U.S. dollars. Overall, Yuito is deeply involved in both management and video game development.
About Tetsuya Fukuhara
Tetsuya Fukuhara is the creative director of Granblue Fantasy. Starting off as a freelance designer, Tetsuya joined Cygames in 2012. After working as a game designer for Rage of Bahamut, he became the creative director of Granblue Fantasy as the project began. Tetsuya leads Granblue from multiple angles, such as the setting, game design, and supervising the expanding multimedia franchise. Tetsuya is also the supervisor of the in-development titles Granblue Fantasy: Versus and Granblue Fantasy: Relink.