Limited Run Games will release a limited run physical edition of Inti Creates’ Blaster Master Zero for Switch via the Limited Run Games online store in 2019, the company announced during its E3 2019 press conference.
Blaster Master Zero is available now digitally for Switch and 3DS via the Nintendo eShop. Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Blaster Master Zero is a 8-bit style top-down & sideview 2D action-adventure game that hearkens back to the golden age of the NES.
Using the original 1988 NES title Blaster Master from Sunsoft as a base, with the addition of new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more.
This of course includes new areas and bosses, and new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay when battling outside of your SOPHIA 3rd tank, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more.
- On the sideview maps, take control of the battle tank SOPHIA III and explore your surroundings as you search for the entrance to the dungeon where the area’s boss lurks.
- Once you find a dungeon entrance, exit SOPHIA III and make your way inside as the hero Jason and take on the mutants inside in top-down mode.
- Defeat the mid-bosses and area bosses to acquire new items, sub-weapons, upgrades to SOPHIA III and Jason’s equipment, and new abilities and move to the next area.
- Incorporation of HD Rumble features into various aspects of the gameplay.
- Player 2 can provide support for Player 1 as they traverse through the game in the co-op multiplayer mode.