Original 5/25/19 at 11:15 a.m.: The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has new information on Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, including the voice cast and an introduction to three new characters.
The announced voice cast is as follows:
- Adol (voiced by Yuki Kaji)
- Dogi (voiced by Kenta Miyake)
- Hawk (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa)
- White Cat (voiced by Mikako Komatsu)
- Doll (voiced by Aina Suzuki)
- Raging Bull (voiced by Ayane Sakura)
- Renegade (voiced by Hiro Shimono)
Here are the new character details:
- Raging Bull – The pink-haired Monstrum. She fights using a “war hammer” combat style. She is the cheerful mood maker of the Monstrum. A character who is not only powerful, but also lovely. She wields a huge war hammer, which can strike enemies in every direction. Her movement speed appears to be lacking, however. Her supernatural ability is “Valkyrie Hammer,” which utilizes her strength to destroy walls. Destructible walls are easily discernible. This ability can also be used to break the enemy’s guard.
- Doll – The Monstrum wearing the white hat. She fights using a sweep sword and wired sickle. Whether she is a doll or Monstrum is a secret, as well as an important point. Her weapons cover a wide range and allow her to consecutively attack without leaving any openings. Her basic run movement is a roller dash, allowing her to move smoothly even on surfaces with differences in elevation. Her supernatural ability is “The Third Eye,” which allows her to see what normally cannot be seen. This can be used to see switches and treasure chests without obstruction. It can even check the above and below in areas with elevation differences. The only downside is there may be “too much to see.”
- Renegade – The Monstrum who appears at the very bottom of the new box art. While many expected him to be a woman, he is actually a man—a young adult. He wields a staff, but fights using a shooting-type style. His supernatural ability is “Shadow Dive,” which lets him turn into a shadow and slip through thin crevices, hide from enemies, and the like.
In other news, the magazine reveals that a limited edition of Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is also planned.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 26 in Japan.
Update 5/27/19 at 11:10 a.m.: Here are a few preview scans from Dengeki PlayStation: