Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Hardsuit Labs have released new information on the March-announced Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 detailing the background and disciplines of the Malkavian clan.
Get the Malkavian clan details below, via Paradox Interactive.
Malkavians have been traditionally ostracized by the Seattle Kindred. While a few managed to claim territory in less desirable districts, very few have ever managed to rise to the levels of the other clans. Because of this, there is a persistent bias against the Malkavian clan that still exists into modern nights.
None of the many nicknames for Clan Malkav – “Lunatics”, “Jesters”, “Visionaries”, “Madmen”, and so on – is as fitting as “Oracles”. To be of the Clan is to understand things nobody else does; and to be affected by that understanding. Among the clan, this shows itself in psychosis, depression, compulsive disorders, or uncounted other mental illnesses. This hasn’t kept the Clan of the Moon from finding a place in Kindred society. Advisers, strategists, preachers, hunters and yes, rulers; all Malkavians walk their very own path.
Never-Ending, Never Alone
Unease, curiosity, distrust, pity; the Clan of the Moon elicits many reactions. Still, no vampire sees more than a Malkavian. Players who choose to join their ranks gain access to the secrets of two new Disciplines on top of the individual powers from their Thinblooded past.
Each of the Ventrue disciplines and their progression are detailed below:
- Dementation – All Malkavians see further than a mortal could. No Malkavian is left untouched by what they see. Their signature Discipline allows the clan’s members to impart an imperfect version of their psychosis on others, with often drastic results. (Use of Dementation, while thoroughly unsettling, is not a Masquerade Violation.)
- • Haunt (Blood Cost: 2) – The first active Dementation power, imparts an unseen spectre in the victims’ minds. Unable to control themselves, they’ll try to flee in a panic. The • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Haunt.
- • • • Berserk (Blood Cost: 4) – The second active power, fills the vampire’s targets with an uncontrollable rage, causing them to lash out at anything nearby – even the air itself, if no better target is available. The • • • • and • • • • • slots enhance Berserk.
- Auspex – Nothing stays hidden to those who gain the Discipline of Auspex. Their senses expanding beyond the boundaries of their bodies, these Kindred slip ever deeper into their condition. (Use of Auspex is not a Masquerade Violation.)
- • Aura Sense (Blood Cost: 2) – Auspex’ first active, makes the vampire spot NPCs even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals, staying aware of them even over long distances. It also reveals the weaknesses in the marked NPC’s attack and defense. The • • and • • • • • slots enhance Aura Sense.
- • • • Psychic Projection (Blood Cost: 2) – The second active, forces the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they will explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Even more: The vampire’s own senses have developed to such an extent that they may end up telepathically overwhelming the senses of others for a short while. The • • • • slot enhances Psychic Projection.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2020.
Watch a trailer introducing the Malkavian clan below.