The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has the first magazine preview of Persona 5 Royal, including an interview with director Daiki Itoh and producer Kazuhisa Wada.
Get the tidbits below.
- The reason the subtitle is “Royal” is because we wanted to express our enthusiasm to make a gorgeous title.
- We’re not simply adding new elements. We’re making it easier to earn experience points so you can play at a better tempo.
- The play assist feature further implements everyone’s voices into the game. It considers your character parameters and confidants, then suggests a destination, which you can move to with the push of a button.
- We’re making the volume of the newly implemented third semester to go beyond the expectations of those who have experienced the volume of Persona 4 Golden.
- New character Kasumi increases the perspective and flavor of the story, and is someone who will expose existing characters in a new light. Naturally, she is being tweaked to blend into the story. As you play through the game, you will see a different side of her from the teaser trailer. Kasumi also has a confidant you can level up.
- New confidant Maruki is an extremely nice adult character.
- If we had to say “Yes” or “No” to there being new confidants other than Kasumi and Maruki, we would have to say “Yes.” Look forward to more information in the future.
- If you have save data for Persona 5, you will get some sort of bonus. You will not be able to use the same save data for Persona 5 Royal however.
- There are 20 new background music tracks.
- There is a scene where the mysterious new handsome guy character sleeps in the same bed as the protagonist.
Persona 5 Royal is due out for PlayStation 4 on October 31 in Japan, and in 2020 in the west. Read more about the game here.