Oninaki will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 22 in Japan, Square Enix announced. A release date for the PC version was not announced.
The Tokyo RPG Factory-developed action RPG is still slated for a summer release across PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in the west.
In Japan, the following purchase bonuses will be available based on retailer:
- Amazon Japan (PS4, Switch) – Set of five original washi
- Square Enix e-Store (PS4, Switch) – e-Store-exclusive double pocket clear file (A4 size)
- PlayStation Store (PS4):
- Pre-Order Bonus #1: 10 percent discount
- Pre-Order Bonus #2: “Emlis” spear weapon (usable with the Daemon Zaav)
- Pre-Order Bonus #3: Oninaki original dynamic theme
- Nintendo eShop (Switch) – To be announced.
- Steam (PC) – To be announced.
Square Enix also released a new trailer introducing the game’s Daemons, characters that will assist protagonist Kagachi in battle. Here is an overview of the Dameons, via Square Enix:
As players journey as Kagachi, a young Watcher who ushers Lost Souls into the next world, they will bond with and harness the power of Daemons, a special type of Lost Soul who could not be reincarnated. These powerful souls will assist the player in battle, with each Daemon representing a different weapon type. Players will be able to manage their Daemon’s skills and switch between them in real-time to deal devastating blows to their enemies with unique attacks and power up skills.
Watch the trailer below. View a set of images at the gallery.