“As we prepare for the Switch, PS4 and Xbox One releases, this update is not as content heavy,” Reptile Games said in a news post regarding an update to the PC version. “Rest assured that new stuff is coming, including another addition to the roster! Speaking of consoles, things are finally moving along. Especially considering we’re porting to three consoles with our small in-house team—at the same time (turns out that’s not normal). We will, however, just miss a spring release. For those waiting anxiously, thank you for your continued patience!”
Lethal League Blaze first launched for PC in October 2018. Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Lethal League Blaze is an intense, high speed ball game, with unique characters, outta sight sounds and none of that weak shit. In Shine City, the anti-gravity ball game has long been illegal. The group who kept playing was dubbed the Lethal League. Even now, with their sport pushed underground, players and crews compete in the League for challenge and respect.
Lethal League Blaze is coming at you and the world October 24, 2018.
In the game, the goal is to beat your opponents with the ball. You can manipulate the ball to get the perfect angle and use your character’s special moves to surprise them. But every strike speeds up the ball or even doubles its speed, up to shatteringly extreme velocities. You can tag the ball to your color, but on those high speeds the tables are quickly turned. You can play locally with friends and foes, by yourself in the single-player modes or battle it out online!
- Up to four players: Play locally AND online with up to four players.
- Easy to pick up, hard to master gameplay: Start off simply hitting the ball faster and faster back and forth. Improve by learning how to use Smashes, Bunts and Special Abilities to your advantage. Then go further beyond with parries and countering with throws ending with the pure psychological goodness: taunts.
- Tons of unlockable extras and secrets: Unlock characters and their outfits as you play. New modes and stages are in there too and even the soundtrack can be unlocked to play at leisure.
- Play on your own: Step up to the plate by yourself and beat a series of opponents in the Arcade Mode to reach the beat-blasting bossfight. Then check out the event-based Story Mode that has you playing all sides of the going-downs in Shine City.
- Modes and options: Pick your preferred style of play like with HP, one-shot kill or points. And then there are game modes like Strikers, using goals, and something called Lethal Volley…
- Wicked Tracks: A Breakbeat, Hip-Hop and House soundtrack featuring the likes of Hideki Naganuma, Frank Klepacki, Pixelord, Bignic, and of course, Klaus Veen.
Lethal League Blaze is the sequel to the popular projectile-fighting game Lethal League known for it’s ridiculous speeds and hitstun, the original game was intense to watch and intenser to play. This time around there will be double the characters at launch and more to come after.