IGN has published an 18-minute gameplay video of Kill la Kill: IF showcasing the first chapter of the game’s Story Mode starring Satsuki Kiryuin.
Here is an overview of the game, via Arc System Works:
Supervised under the original scenario writer Kazuki Nakashima comes a new untold Kill la Kill story of ‘IF’s! This is *THE* Kill la Kill battle action! Experience the hot-blooded action from the original anime series in this game! Use your favorite character, and pulverize all who stand in your way! Simple controls and extravagant actions!
- Kill la Kill: IF – From the makers of Dragon Ball FighterZ and the original writer of the anime, Kazuki Nakashima, comes a new action game!
- Relive The Anime – Battle systems to relive the various heated scenes in the original anime! Replay your favourite scene to your heart’s content!
- What IF? – At the end of the ‘First Naturals Election’, Ragyou appears in front of Satsuki instead of Nui, and triggers an entirely new storyline of this inexplicable series of events!
- A Brand New Story – Discover this new plot through the eyes of Satsuki for the very first time as she becomes the lead of the story!
- Manoeuvre Around the 3D Battlefield – Perform devastating combos with ease and destroy your opponents!
- Practice Modes Galore! – Enjoy 6 different types of practices to train, from Tutorial to Covers Challenges, and learn to master your Ketsui!
- All the Looks and Feels of the Anime – Favorite scenes from the original series revived with stunning visuals and cinematics, remodeled with 3D cell-look technology!
- Enjoy the Ketsui Testament – In the spirit of the anime series, engage in a heated exchange of words during combat to receive massive power-ups and win the sassy battle of wits!
- Simple Yet Engaging – In addition to basic Attack, Guard and Break, the game incorporates Evasion and Evasion Catch Attack to deepen the gameplay!
Watch the footage below.
Update 05/17/19 at 2:15 a.m.: Arc System Works has published the opening gameplay of the first chapter in Japanese. Watch it below.
Additionally, view a new set of screenshots at the gallery.