New Story of Seasons separate from Doraemon Story of Seasons in developmentBut no additional details at this time.
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a new interview regarding Doraemon Story of Seasons, which confirms that a new Story of Seasons game separate from the Doraemon tie-in is in development.
Here are the notable tidbits:
- Doraemon Story of Seasons is a project that was launched by Bandai Namco‘s Koji Nakajima, who was a fan of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.
- Unlike past Story of Seasons titles, Doraemon Story of Seasons has a proper main story (as opposed to just working on the farm).
- The theme is family, and the main story focuses on love for one’s family.
- Working on the ranch is the player’s main task, and at first the farm work will be quite hard.
- Doraemon’s secret gadgets will help resolve the things that “inconvenience you” in Story of Seasons.
- The “At Gungun,” which causes crops to grow immediately, is an expendable item, so it cannot be used carelessly.
- Other than Doraemon Story of Seasons, work is underway on a new Story of Seasons game, according to Marvelous‘ Hikaru Nakano.
Doraemon Story of Seasons is due out for Switch on June 13 in Japan. Read more about the game here.