Fitness Boxing shipments and digital sales top 300,000Golden Week sale set for April 25 to May 8 in Japan.
Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Fitness Boxing have reached 300,000 units, publisher Imagineer announced.
The exercise rhythm game first launched for Switch in December 2018 in Japan, Europe, and Australia, and in January 2019 in North America.
In Japan, the digital version will be available at a 20 percent-off discount price on the Nintendo eShop during a Golden Week sale from April 25 to May 8.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Get off the couch and get moving with fun, boxing-based rhythmic exercises set to the instrumental beats of songs by popular artists, including Lady Gaga, Pitbull and Kesha. You can personalize your workouts by selecting from different fitness goals. Train your way, whether you’re on your own, with a friend, at home, or on the go! Now you can work out anytime, anywhere on the Nintendo Switch system!
Get down your boxing basics while getting down to instrumental versions of 20 unlockable hit songs, including “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO, “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepson, and “Sugar” by Maroon 5. Punch and squat while gripping the Joy-Con controllers to get your whole body moving—no additional gym equipment required!
Daily training ranges from 10 to 40 minutes and offers both Normal and Fast mode. The game software estimates your approximate BMI and daily calories burned so you can track your progress. Choose from a diverse group of trainers and customize their look with unlockable trainer outfits. As you progress, you can earn more songs and more challenging training circuits. If you prefer to work out with a buddy, you can use two sets of Joy-Con controllers or share a pair to enjoy working out cooperatively or test your skills by facing off against each other in a virtual ring!
- Work up a sweat with boxing-based motion-controlled moves set to rhythm-based workouts.
- Bop along to the instrumental versions of popular songs.
- Personalize workouts by selecting your fitness goals.
- Choose from short to long workouts to fit a variety of lifestyles.
- Play cooperatively with or competitively against friends and family in two-player local play with two sets of Joy-Con controllers or by sharing a pair.
- Play at home on the TV or on-the-go in Tabletop mode.
- Tracks your progress by estimating BMI and calories burned to help encourage healthy habits.