Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Sabotage Studio will release The Messenger for PlayStation 4 on March 19, the companies announced.
The classic action platformer / time-traveling adventure first launched for Switch and PC in August 2018. A free expansion titled “Picnic Panic” is currently in development and is due out this summer across all platforms, including PlayStation 4.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
Watch the PlayStation 4 trailer below.