The Switch version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition will launch on May 24 in the Americas and Europe, publisher Bandai Namco announced. In the Americas, it will be a digital-only release, while in Europe, it will be released both physically and digitally.
In Japan, a release date was previously announced for April 25.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition includes the base game plus all Season Pass content, including the “Abyss of the Shrine Maiden” expansions and “Warriors of the Sky” update.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization first launched for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in October 2016, followed by PC in October 2017.
Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Originally released for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, players will now be able to play the full game on the Nintendo Switch for the very first time, in addition to all previously released DLCs.
Return to the world of Aincrad as Kirito and his friends are pulled into the Virtual Reality MMORPG called Sword Art: Origin, a game housed on the same servers that hosted the death-game Sword Art Online. However, this game is not quite the same one as he escaped years ago…
- 2026, Sword Art: Origin, a new VRMMORPG has emerged. Kirito meets a mysterious NPC and receives a cryptic message. This game, though familiar to him, is not the same as the one he escaped years ago…
- Original storytelling supervised by Reki Kawahara, creator of Sword Art Online.
- Massive expansive world with a stronger sense of adventure.
- Multiplayer Mode to enjoy the game with 3 other players.
- Feels like its MMORPG origins thanks to MMORPG-like interface, 16-character teams and fierce raid boss battles.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.