Developer Moonlit has announced puzzle adventure game Playerless: One Button Adventure for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC (Steam), iOS, and Android. It will launch in Q2 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Moonlit:
The characters you meet in Playerless: One Button Adventure have developed self-awareness and brought chaos to the game. It’s up to you to help the Debug Unit with fixing it. During this quest, you will interact with very independent NPCs, solve logical puzzles and discover mysteries of the in-game meta-level… all with just one button!
That’s not an easy task, since the malfunctioning interface requires an unconventional approach towards communicating with the program. Tapping or holding the only button isn’t only the core mechanics of the game, but also the only way to walk around, talk to the NPCs and solve puzzles.
- Playerless happens inside another game
- The game is immersive in its own, unique way
- Unique visuals
- Character is not player’s property, but as long as he is on friendly terms, he can gently nudge it in the right direction
- Characters from the game have developed self-awareness and took control of the arcade…
- …or actually broke it so much that only one button is still functioning
Watch the announcement trailer below.