Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, the next major expansion for Final Fantasy XIV will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4 and PC on July 2, with pre-orders beginning on February 6, Square Enix announced at Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Paris.
Here is a look at the box art and collector’s edition:
The Collector’s Edition will be available to purchase from the Square Enix Store starting February 6 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. PT. It will include:
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box: A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Dark Knight Figure: An impressive high-quality figure of the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book: An art book featuring behind-the-scenes illustrations and concept art from the development of Shadowbringers.
- Shadowbringers Logo Cling: A reusable vinyl cling featuring the Shadowbringers logo.
- Final Fantasy XIV Playing Cards: A deck of playing cards featuring artwork from A Realm Reborn through Shadowbringers.
- Exclusive In-Game Items
- Grani Mount
- Wind-up Fran Minion
- Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon
In addition to early access to Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers on June 28, pre-orders for both the standard and Collector’s editions will also include the following exclusive in-game items, which are planned for distribution beginning March 1 at 12:01 a.m. PT / 3:01 a.m. ET:
- Baby Gremlin Minion
- Aetheryte Earring – This earring grants a 30 percent increase in EXP when worn, up to level 70, as well as attributes that vary based on the user’s class/job and current level.
Square Enix also announced various new details about Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Get the roundup below.
■ New Job: Gunbreaker
- Role: Tank
- Main Arm: Gunblade
- Associated Class: None
- Starting Level: 60 (tentative)
- Use your gunblade to engage targets directly.
- Deal slashing damage enhanced with magicked ammunition.
- Abilities executed by spending magicked ammunition.
- Job quest begins in Gridania.
■ Version 5.0 Features
With the threat of both the Empire and the Ascians looming large, what will become of the Warrior of Light and the allied armies?
Sprawling New Areas
- Il Mheg – A lush, awe-inspiring vale.
- Rak’tika Greatwood – A sprawling forest of ancient, towering sentinels.
New Level Cap
Level cap increased from level 70 to 80.
Battle System Maintenance
Thrilling New Dungeons
Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard
End-Game content for Disciples of the Land and Hand. More information to be announced at Final Fantasy XIV Tokyo Fan Fest on March 23.
NPC Battle-Assist System “Trust”
An all-new system allowing players to tackle Shadowbringers instanced dungeons with familiar NPCs by their side (excluding dungeons requiring more than four party members).
This system is convenient for players who want to play solo.
Take on previously completed story quests, job quests, and chronicle quests. Or experience the quests you missed if you used a story or job boost.
New system: World Visit
Breaks down the walls between worlds with cross-play content.
New beast tribe: The Pixies
- Reside in Il Mheg
- Proficient in the Arcane arts
- Speak a unique language known as “Fae”
New Primal: Titania
“YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse” Alliance Raid
A new Alliance Raid from the minds of NieR creators Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito.
New playable race: The Viera
The rabbit-like wardens of the wood.
Watch a new set of trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.