The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on the recently announced strategy RPG SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays.
Get the tidbits below.
- Cut-ins are being prepared for all scout characters.
- Changing Mobile Suits also changes the cockpit, and voice-overs are being prepared for all playable characters.
- “What will this character say when piloting this Mobile Suit?” There are scenes that will put smiles on the faces of fans.
- Lines characters will say when damaged can also be quite lengthy.
- SD Gundam G Generation Genesis was a challenge in terms of how to create full animation with hardware limitations, but SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays tackles full animation at a volume even greater than Genesis.
- From models to animation, Cross Rays is being built from the ground up.
- Genesis had some still images and jittery animations, but this time it will be smooth.
- Plenty of attack dodging motions are being prepared.
- Cross Rays features four main works (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans). While four works might not seem like a lot, an enormous amount of spin-off works are included.
- Cross Rays has even more Mobile Suits than Genesis.
- There is no scenario where the four works intertwine.
- The four series all have popular characters. The development team wanted to convey their charms and choose characters based on their appeal.
- The game can be played from any of the four works.
- The game’s volume is massive, so the development team wants to know when clear it by sharing the fact with them on social media.
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in 2019 in Japan and Southeast Asia with English text.