Psyvariar Delta is coming to PC via Steam on January 30 for $29.99 / 2,980 yen, publisher City Connection announced. For the first week of release, it will be available at a 20 percent discount of $23.99 / 2,384 yen. The game will support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language options.
The shoot ’em up first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 30 in Japan. A western release published by Dispatch Games was planned for summer 2018, but that has been delayed to a potential February 2019 release.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Psyvariar Delta is a classic shooter known for the Buzz System, where players level up by grazing enemy fire and chaining Buzz.
Also included in this version are 2 HD remakes of the arcade classic Psyvariar Medium Unit and Psyvariar Revision with new additional features.
- A new screen that supports practice and strategy.
- Crossover of two classics.
- You can select the background music, planes, and versions on all modes.
- You can customize your gameplay by changing the direction of the display.
- You can show the hit area for you and the enemy on screen.
- Online rankings.
- Normal Game – You can play up to two players in the normal game mode. Use the options to change the difficulty, remaining planes, and bombers. You also have the option to have unlimited continues.
- Practice – This is the Practice Mode. You can set up options such as areas, planes, and EXP levels. You can also change the settings during gameplay. You can also go straight to the boss.
- Score Attack – This is a challenge for the high score. These scores will be shown in online rankings.
- Replay Mode+ – You can challenge you high score in each area (replay data). These shows will be shown in online rankings.
Watch the PC announcement trailer below.