2D action RPG CrossCode will launch for Switch with exclusive content in addition to the previously announced PlayStation 4 version in 2019, publisher Deck13 and developer Radical Fish announced.
Deck13 told Gematsu it could not comment on whether the PlayStation 4 version also has exclusive content, but added to “keep an eye out on possible announcements at a future time (wink).”
The PC version launched in September 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via Deck13:
CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.
CrossCode is all about how it plays! Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies’ weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.
- Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 40 to 80 hours.
- Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place.
- Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights.
- Enter 8 expansive dungeons all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics.
- Master up to 100 combat arts and even more passive skills.
- Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges.
- 60-plus music tracks made by a rice ball (well, not exactly).
Watch the Switch version announcement trailer below.