Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space, a free-to-play single-player RPG written by Chrono Trigger writer Masato Kato, will launch for iOS and Android on January 28 in the west, developer Wright Flyer Studios announced. First released in Japan in April 2017, the game will be available in the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau with support for English, Japanese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese language options.
Wright Flyer Studios is currently running a pre-registration campaign on the App Store and Google Play. If Another Eden surpasses 150,000 pre-registrations, an in-game item called the “Princess’ Prayer Fragment” used to obtain the 4-Star character “Miyu” will be awarded to all participants.
Here is an overview of the game:
It all started the day she disappeared right before my eyes.
Then suddenly the city was reduced to ruins in the blink of an eye.
That’s when I swore an oath.
Once again, I’m setting out on a journey beyond time and space.
To save our lost future.
Before the darkness of time falls upon us all…
- Aldo (voiced by Koki Uchiyama / Jared Zeus) – A young man from Baruoki Village. Found abandoned in Moonlight Forest with his baby sister 16 years ago. He’s a bit tactless, but has a strong sense of justice and a heart of gold.
- Feinne (voiced by Ai Kayano / Julie Rogers) – A girl from Baruoki Village. Found in Moonlight forest 16 years ago. She’s a kind soul who loves all living things.
- Cyrus (voiced by Shigeru Chiba / Tim Watson) – A mysterious swordsman who looks like a frog. He lives a hermetic life to hide his cursed form. Little is known of his origin. It is said he hails from a country to the east.
- Combat is turn-based. Defeat all enemies to win a battle. If all your front line members are defeated, you will lose the battle.
- When using Another Force, the enemy won’t be able to move, and you will have unlimited MP until the gauge empties.
- Characters have a chance to use combos or multi-attacks doing more damage.
- An unprecedented amount of content in the smartphone game world.
- Single-player large-scale RPG.
- From master story writer Masato Kato, an epic story crossing the Antiquity, Present, and Future.
- Includes over 60 songs composed with orchestras and folk music, with the main theme written by Mitsuda Yasunori.
- Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger)
- Musical Composition
- Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger)
- Shunsuke Tsuchiya (Luminous Arc 2)
- Mariam Abounnasr
- Art Director
- Takahito Exa (Bincho-tan)
- Ryo Miyase
- Japanese Koki Uchiyama, Ai Kayano, Rina Sato, Shigeru Chiba, Rie Kugimiya, Rie Tanaka, Wataru Hatano, Kosuke Toriumi, Ayane Sakura, Maaya Uchida, Saori Hayami, Tatsuhisa Suzuki, Hikaru Midorikawa, Miyuki Sawashiro, Ami Koshimizu, Hanae Natsuki, Takahiro Sakurai, Ayaka Imamura, Harumi Sakurai, Hiroki Yasumoto, Yuichi Nakamura, Toshiyuki Toyonaga, Sumire Uesaka, Takehito Koyasu, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Hisako Kanemoto, Natsumi Hioka, Tasuku Hatanaka, Ayako Kawasumi, Mie Sonozaki, Kaoru Sakura, Ayaka Saito, Yoko Honna, Nami Mizuno, Akira Miki, Shiho Kikuchi, Mayumi Kurokawa, Makoto Ishii, Yuki Ishikari, Ryuta Anzai
- English: Jared Zeus, Julie Rogers, Janine Harouni, Tim Watson, Rebecca Kiser, Rebecca Boey, Shai Matheson, Skye Bennett, Kerry Gooderson, Taylor Clarke-Hill, Jessica McDonald, Nick Boulton, Rina Takasaki, Nell Mooney, Samantha Dakin, Rory Fleck Byrne, Laura Aikman, Tuyen Do, Naomi McDonald, Ina-Marie Smith, Jackson Milner, Gunnar Cauthery, Joe Corrigall, Katie Lyons, Liz Kingsman, Jaimi Barbakoff