Ponos has released the first trailer for Together! The Battle Cats for Switch. The game will launch via the Nintendo eShop on December 20 in Japan for 999 yen.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Nintendo eShop listing:
The popular Battle Cats series is back and updated for Nintendo Switch! With its easy-to-use battle system, it is recommended for men and women of all ages. Additionally, if you play with two players, you can enjoy the game with twice the meow! Play with your kid, a friend, a significant other, or even a stranger! So round up your creepy-cute cat army… and head into battle!
(This game can be played alone or with a friend in local co-op.)
- Over 350 Creepy-Cute Cat Characters – Train and strengthen the cats you get through gacha. By playing through the game, you wll receive Cat Coins and Tickets that can be used to play gacha. (There are no in-game micro-transactions.)
- More Stages – In addition to the Japan-set “Japan Chapter,” the world-set “Future Chapter,” and the space-invading “Space Chapter,” a “Legend Story” where you journey to find legendary cats is also included. There will also be daily special stages and all sorts of other things to do.
- Take a Break Between Battles with Mini-Games – As you progress through the stages, the chance to play a mini-game will occasionally surface. Depending on your score in the mini-game, you will obtain items and leadership power. There are a total of four mini-games. Which one is chosen when the time to play a mini-game comes is a matter of chance.
- Cooperative Play
- Play with a Friend! Cooperate and Unleash Your Cats! – Every stage can be played alone or with a friend in local co-op. In co-op, you can battle with and share a formation of five cats. If there is a stage you cannot clear alone, maybe it won’t be so bad with a friend!?
- Sync Up and Fire! The Super Cat Gun! – With the Cat Gun in two-player mode, you can gather up your shared power and fire it all at once! If you get down the timing right and land a “huge hit,” it will do more than two times its normal damage. Get in sync and turn the battle around!
Watch the trailer below.