Compile Heart has updated the official website for Azur Lane: Crosswave with new characters, as well as released the first in a series of “Ryuu News” videos outlining the game through new footage of Ayanami in battle.
A “advance naval RPG,” Azur Lane: Crosswave features numerous conversation events and water-based battles. Meeting certain requirements on the field activates battle, which plays out like a shooting game with full 360-degree movement.
The video also highlights the following features:
- A completely original story
- Numerous sub-stories activated by meeting certain requirements
- Fully-voiced story and sub-stories
- Many new background music tracks
- Freely take pictures in “Photo Mode”
The website update confirms two new playable characters, one enemy AI-only character, and two support-only characters:
- Purifier (voiced by Marika Kouno)
Secretary Ship / Combat Support Role
Azur Lane: Crosswave is due out for PlayStation 4 in 2019 in Japan.
Watch the Ryuu News video below. View a new set of images at the gallery.