Original 11/06/18 at 4:37 a.m.: Piana from Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland will appear as an adult in Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
When Piana first appeared in Atelier Totori, she was a young girl who met Totori upon her arrival at Frontier Village.
Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Atelier Lulua character designer Mel Kishida and producer Junzo Hosoi, who discuss the reason for returning to the Arland series, design focuses, and other topics.
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan in 2019, and for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in North America and Europe in spring 2019.
Update 11:18 p.m.: A few new tidbits have come in.
- Piana has grown into an adult and become Lulua’s teacher.
- Kristoff Aurel Arland is the name of a certain person’s son. He is training to surpass a certain man. He is cool, but also helps out others in need.
- Hosoi: “Discussions about making a fourth Arland game came up around last December’s [Atelier series] festival.”
- Ishida: “As for Rorona’s age… she was already 33 in Atelier Meruru, so you don’t have to worry about it.”
- “Atelier Lulua returns to feeling like the Victorian era from the [previous game’s] medieval-style presentation.”
- Ishida: “When designing Aurel, I was thinking about a certain person’s hair color, but not very strongly.”
- Hosoi: “We’re also focusing on characters’ facial expressions.”
- Hosoi: “I think that the characters from previous games that everyone is expecting are going to appear.”
- Ishida: “If Rorona is in it then that other someone probably is, too…”