Spike Chunsoft has released the version 1.03 update for Zanki Zero: Last Beginning in Japan, which adds “New Game+” and various improvements to the dungeon RPG.
Here are the details:
New Feature Addition
Adds a “New Game+” mode after clearing the game. It is possible to carry over the following data from your clear data:
- Skill Points (the skills you learned reset / the points you obtain in your new game are an accumulation)
- Acquired Shigabane
- Acquired Clione (available from Stage 03)
- Sound Player (available from Stage 02)
- Score accumulated in the Extend Machine
*In order to play “New Game+” mode, you must first clear the game and save after installing the version 1.03 update. If you have already cleared the game, you must defeat the last boss once more to reach the ending, upon which you can start “New Game+.”
- When a character with full possession slots tries to pick up an additional item, the next character will now automatically pick it up.
- Items can now be transferred between party and reserve members with the press of a button.
- Cooldown time will no longer occur for characters who do not participate in cooperative attack.
- The system menu now displays the character’s age.
- You can now acquire the Trophy (Stage 01 Clear) that you could not have acquired by importing save data from the demo by re-watching the corresponding event in “Album” mode.
- Adjusted the overall strength of enemies.
- Reduced damage when crashing into a wall due to an enemy’s attack.
- Reduced score consumption when selecting “Return to Base” or when the party is defeated.
- Adjusted the number of days until boss creatures reappear in cleared ruins by half.
- During breaks, you can exchange stamina to reduce the level of Clione corrosion (does not apply when in “DANGER”).
- Reduced the level of Clione corrosion when going to sleep in the bedroom (does not apply when in “DANGER”).
- The “Pet Bottle” island now pops up often on Gareki Island.
- Reduced load times for some events.
- Other bug fixes and adjustments.
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning launched for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on July 5 in Japan, and is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC in spring 2019 in North America and Europe. A demo is also available in Japan.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.