Original 09/25/18 at 5:14 a.m.: Root Letter: Last Answer will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita on December 20 in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. Pre-orders will open on September 28.
The game is a remake of the 2016-released adventure game with new scenarios and live-action graphics. Refinements have also been added to make the game easier to play.
Update 11:39 p.m.: Root Letter: Last Answerwill cost 5,480 yen.
Here is the game’s list of characters, voice actors, and live-action actors:
- Aya Fumino (voiced by Noriko Hidaka, live-acted by Ako Yamamoto)
- Yukari Ishihara (voiced by Kikuko Inoue, live-acted by Moa Tsukino)
- Jun Oomori (voiced by Keisuke Koumoto, live-acted by Hideyuki Natsukawa)
- Misaki Murakami (voiced by Hyo-sei, live-acted by Saki Miyamoto)
- Shouta Nodu (voiced by Kazuhiro Sunseki, live-acted by Yoshiaki Tanabe)
- Kousuke Tanaka (voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki, live-acted by Kai Yamazaki)
- Shouya Watanabe (voiced by Shuusaku Shirakawa, live-acted by Hiroshi Nagasawa)
- Riko Sasaki (voiced by Yumi Touma, live-acted by Arisa Noto)
The game will feature two modes, “Drama Mode” and “Original Mode.” In Drama Mode, the game’s live-action actors will perform as the characters in the game, both visually and vocally. The game’s setting of Shimane is also depicted in live-action. In Original Mode, the game uses Taro Minobosi’s original artwort and original voice cast. You can switch between these two modes from the title screen.
A resolution chapter that reveals the truth of the ending that was previously untold has also been added. (Note: Potential spoiler ahead.) A heart-warming followup story between the protagonist and heroine has also been added to read.
Other areas of improvements include branching routes, user interface, a skip feature, trophy acquisition conditions, responses, and route clear icons.