La Corda d’Oro: Octave, the latest entry in the love simulation otome game series developed by Koei Tecmo’s Ruby Party brand, will launch for PS Vita, Switch, and PC on February 14, 2019 in Japan, Koei Tecmo announced.
Get the details below.
An adventure story on island of fairies told from the perspectives of two heroines.
One night, the protagonist and her friend are suddenly called to a strange island in a dream.
Kahoko Hino is called to the mysterious island “Harmony,” where a musical fairy named Fata lives, while Kanade Kohinata is called to a small, uninhabited island off its coast called “Cat Island.”
Why were they called here? Will they be able to return to their own world?
While searching for answers, the protagonists gradually become involved in the island’s crisis and team up with musicians that arrived from another era in order to save the fairies.
With new bonds and irreplaceable feelings developed, will they be able to save the fairies’ island?
Sure enough, that’s the miracle of music—.
- Play Character Songs in Rhythm Action – La Corda d’Oro: Octave progresses via a cycle of adventure and rhythm action parts. Rhythm action parts use the La Corda d’Oro series’ character songs. More than 30 popular character songs are being included, from familiar songs to new songs created just for this title.
- Dream Co-Stars from Cross the Boundaries of La Corda d’Oro Games – The setting of La Corda d’Oro: Octave is a magical island inhabited by fairies. The protagonists, for whatever reason, cross over time to visit this island. A total of 22 characters (that the player can end up with) from previous La Corda d’Oro series titles will appear. One of the highlights of this game are its conversation scenes in which characters from La Corda d’Oro 2 and La Corda d’Oro 3 appear together. Some characters will have surprising changes. Kazuo Funaki, who has worked on various La Corda d’Oro series-related products in the past, provides this game’s stylish character designs.
- The following characters will appear: Kahoko Hino (the player can change her name), Ren Tsukimori, Ryoutarou Uchiura, Keiichi Shimizu, Kazuki Hihara, Azuma Yunoki, Aoi Kaji, Kanade Kohinata (the player can change her name), Kyouya Kisaragi, Ritsu Kisaragi, Daichi Sakaki, Haruto Mizushima, Yukihiro Yagisawa, Shirou Hozumi, Arata Mizushima, Chiaki Tougane, Housei Toki, Reiji Myouga, Sei Amamiya, and Sousuke Nanami.
- A New Story with Two Routes: Festa Route and Camp Route – Two stories are being prepared: a Festa Route that immediately follows the story of La Corda d’Oro 2, and a Camp Route that immediately follows the story of La Corda d’Oro 3. Enjoy a new story told on an island of fairies.
- “Treasure Box,” “Blessed Party Box,” “Passionate Vacation Box,” and “Miracle of Music Created by Bonds Box ~15th Anniversary~” Limited Editions – In addition to the 7,800 yen standard edition, various limited editions are being prepared.
- Treasure Box (12,800 yen)
- A copy of the game
- Photo Library and art book
- Key visual reproduction x2
- Character song and soundtrack CD
- Blessed Party Box (30,000 yen)
- Everything in the Treasure Box
- Yuki Kure-illustrated memorial illustration reproduction “Blessed Masquerade Ball” x2
- Four-disc situation CD “After the Party”
- Party makeup pouch
- Blessed acrylic stand x10
- Passionate Vacation Box (30,000 yen)
- Everything in the Treasure Box
- Yuki Kure-illustrated memorial illustration reproduction “Passionate Beachside” x2
- Four-disc situation CD “Camp, Just Them Two”
- Travel eco bag
- Passionate acrylic stand x12
- Miracle of Music Created by Bonds Box ~15th Anniversary~ (50,000 yen)
- Everything in the Blessed Party Box and Passionate Vacation Box
- Shouma Fudo and Mutsumi Serizawa Stories Added with Limited Edition Early Pre-Orders – Users who pre-order either of the limited editions by December 3 will receive a download code for Shouma Fudo and Mutsumi Serizawa alternate love stories as a limited edition early pre-order bonus.
- Support for New Platforms – The Neo Romance series comes to Nintendo Switch for the first time. Play the game at any time or place in handheld mode, or experience the new story and rhythm action on the big screen in TV mode. Additionally, the Windows version will be released on Steam and distributed worldwide. (Editor’s Note: This does not mean it will support English. There is no mention of English support in the press release.)