Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Limbic Entertainment have delayed Tropico 6 from its previously planned 2018 release window to January 2019 for PC, and summer 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A Steam beta is also planned for this fall.
Here is Kalypso Media’s statement on the delay:
In a statement made directly from the palace balcony, it was confirmed that Kalypso Media and El Presidente want Tropico 6 to be the biggest and greatest Tropico yet for both PC and consoles. To achieve this, the hard-working citizens at Limbic Studios are working tirelessly and making the most of the extra development time afforded by a 2019 release to deliver the most complete and balanced experience ever seen in a Tropico game. By using the Unreal engine for the first time in the series’ history, the world of Tropico has never looked more stunning, whether zoomed out for a full view of far-reaching archipelagos or watching each individual citizen go about their daily routines at ground level.
To further excite his beloved fans, our bearded leader has approved a new gameplay video showcasing the beautiful archipelagos, breathtaking world wonders and intricate transport systems to connect his citizens together. Not to mention the many ways El Presidente can now customise his humble abode to watch over his people.
And here is an overview of the game:
El Presidente is back! In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling out for a visionary leader, one who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your nation through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
Tropico 6 will be playable at Gamescom 2016 in Cologne, Germany from August 21 to 25. Watch a new trailer below.