Reverie, the Earthbound-style action adventure game currently available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, is coming to Switch, developer Rainbite announced. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via publisher Eastasiasoft:
Destiny calls the least likely of heroes. Save an island in peril on a childhood holiday.
With restless spirits threatening the safety of Toromi Island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest. All in a summer holiday!
Reverie is an action adventure game set on a fictional island in New Zealand, inspired by the legend of Maui and the Giant Fish where the demigod himself fishes up the North Island with a powerful fishhook.
- Six dungeons to fight and puzzle your way through.
- Use unique weapons and items to solve puzzles and defeat menacing bosses.
- Explore varied environments and find the secrets of Toromi Island.
- Collect hidden feathers from New Zealand’s many beautiful native birds.
- Story inspired by a Maori legend.