Guns of Icarus and CreaVures developer Muse Games has announced Hamsterdam, a new single-player beat ’em up game due out for Switch, PS Vita, PC, iOS, and Android in March 2019. A Kickstarter campaign seeking $8,000 in funding is now live.
Here is an overview of the game, via Muse Games:
Experience the heart pounding action of expert hamster martial arts. Face off against unique and skilled opponents requiring quick reactions and careful movements.
In Hamsterdam, the titular idyllic town is in peril – the vile chinchilla Marlo and his Rodent Gang are terrorizing the local citizens. Players control Pimm, a young kung-fu fighting hamster desperate to save his grandpa and the town. Battle, cosplay, and scooter your way through hordes of enemies on the arduous trek towards Marlo’s headquarter restaurant. Fight by tapping and swiping in order to perform devastating combos and counter against enemy attacks. Save grandpa, save the town!
- Epic Hamster Combat – Hamsterdam is a game where rhythm & precision meets some good old fashioned button mashing. With classic arcade brawling mechanics and tap and swipe martial arts combos, the power of Hamster-fu is in your paws!
- Sinister Plot – The once peaceful town of Hamsterdam is in danger! The vile chinchilla Marlo and his Rodent Gang are wreaking havoc and terrorizing the town. Enter our hamster hero, Pimm, who must harness his mightiest martial arts powers and kick tail through district after district, on a heart-pounding journey to take down the Rodent Gang, save his grandfather, and restore peace to Hamsterdam.
- Critter Cast – From Grandpa, the former Hamster-fu master who wouldn’t hurt a hair on any hamster’s head, to Marlo, the fiendish chinchilla, Hamsterdam is full of disarmingly cute characters that, at a glance, appear unlikely to be the heroes and villains that they are. Pimm may not be your typical muscle bound hero, but he’s got the guts and skills to grab injustice by the tail and drag it kicking and screaming out of his town.
- Dress for Battle – Equip Pimm with the latest gear as you make your way through the perilous streets. Earn and spend your seeds on new outfits and accessories that will grant Pimm new powers and abilities. Discover what items work best for you!
- Gestural controls
- Rhythm game mechanics
- 3D fighting animations
- Hamster-style kung-fu
- Earn and equip new gear
- Idiosyncratic story and setting